Loaded Cheesy Chicken Soup Recipe: A Tasty Version of the Crack Chicken Soup Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
My friend Beth is a wonderful cook who often shares cooking videos on social media. The other day she shared her recipe and cooking video for loaded cheesy chicken soup, which was inspired by a crack chicken soup recipe. The next day that feels like a perfect cool weather soup day, I hope you’ll enjoy this delicious chicken soup recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- I tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (the original recipe called for 4 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (the original recipe called for 1 cup cheddar)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 - 4 cups baby spinach or kale (Beth uses kale)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large soup pot. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the butter to the bacon grease and melt over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, chives, salt and pepper. Add the bay leaf and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until completely combined. Add the shredded cheese and whisk until completely combined.
- Add spinach or kale and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 1 minute. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Remove the bay leaf. Top with green onions and bacon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Dried Dill $3 & Up
Dried Chives $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.