Apple Oatmeal Cranberry Muffins Recipe: Moist Apple Cranberry Cups Are a Sweet Way to Enjoy Cranberries by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
I always get excited about cranberry season. Loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, cranberries are a great source of nutrition. Studies have shown that cranberries may even help prevent urinary tract infections, improve gut health, and help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
But cranberries are pretty tart, so finding delicious recipes (aside from cranberry sauce or this amazing cream cheese cranberry bread) can be a challenge. That's why I decided to try my hand at making cranberry apple oatmeal muffins. And, they turned out really well!
Packed with protein, fiber, whole grain oats, cranberries, apples and bananas – even though you can't really taste the bananas in this recipe – they're also quick and easy to make (and awesome for on-the-go breakfasts or snacks). I'll be making these apple cranberry cups all season long.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: 24 muffins
- 3 cups rolled oats (I used gluten-free oats)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (you could substitute 1/2 cup apple sauce if you prefer)
- 1 cup milk or nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs (I used 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups diced apples
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but so good)
Here's how to make it:
- Put all ingredients except cranberries into a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins. (I used liners, but if you prefer not to, then spray the muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
Rolled Oats $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Gluten-free Oats $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.