Velvety Mashed Potatoes Recipe: Make Enough of This Smooth Mashed Potato Recipe So No One Fights Over It by 30Seconds Food
Better have enough of this creamy, velvety, smooth mashed potato recipe so everyone can have seconds – or there may be a family feud on Thanksgiving! The olive oil adds even more creaminess and richness, but adding it is up to you.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil (optional)
- fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Put the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a large bowl.
- Put the cream and butter into a saucepot. Heat until just warm and melted together. Slowly start adding the cream into the potatoes, allowing it to absorb. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- If desired, stir in the olive oil before serving for even more richness.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.