5-Minute Creamed Spinach Recipe: 4-Ingredient Stovetop Garlic Creamed Spinach Recipe Is Creamy Goodness by Donna John
Garlic and herb cheese (the kind you buy in a tub) is the foundation for this easy creamed spinach recipe. No need to move that Thanksgiving turkey over and take up valuable space in the oven, because this delicious side dish recipe cooks right on the stovetop.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tub (4 ounces) garlic and herb cheese (Boursin or Alouette)
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Cook the onion until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and nutmeg. Stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: If you like thinner creamed spinach, simply add a little milk. This recipe could easily be doubled or tripled.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.