Healthy Moroccan Red Lentil Soup Recipe Is Nourishing & Satisfying by Java Hemmat
Cooking is love made visible! I foraged in my fridge, and with a few staple ingredients, I cooked this Moroccan red lentil soup recipe that will be on repeat all winter. Made with Marrakech spice blend, the warmth of color and flavor is nourishing and satiating.
To make this healthy, low-sodium lentil soup recipe you will need just a few wholesome ingredients. Here is your shopping list: olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, a Moroccan seasoning blend, tomato paste and red lentils. I garnished this delicious vegetable soup recipe with chopped cilantro and a lemon squeeze, which took it to the next level.
Serve this red lentil soup for lunch or dinner with your favorite side dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, mined fine
- 2 - 3 carrots, diced
- 2 - 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Marrakech Spice Blend or Moroccan seasoning blend
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup red lentils, washed
- 4 - 5 cups water or broth
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- lemon and cilantro, for garnish
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Dutch Oven
- Caramelize tomato paste for less than a minute. This is a delicate process so make sure to be present and be ready to add fluids, otherwise it will give off a bitter taste.
Here's how to make it:
- Place a stock pot over medium heat and warm extra virgin olive oil. Cook the onions until fragrant. Add the garlic for a few minutes. Be mindful to not burn the garlic. Add celery and carrots and cook until semi-soft.
- Bloom Marrakech spice blend for 10 seconds and incorporate the tomato paste to caramelize for less than a minute. Add red lentils and water and/or stock.
- Season with salt and bring to boil. Turn the heat to low and softly simmer for 45 minutes until red lentils are completely soft. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour in your favorite bowls and garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lemon.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 0.3g
Saturated Fat: 0.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 20.6g
Dietary Fiber: 7.7g
Total Sugars: 5.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.