Creamy Potato Bisque Recipe With Potato Chips: A Simple Potato Soup Recipe With a Little Crunch by 30Seconds Food
Velvety smooth potato bisque with thyme and onion has a fun crunch factor to it with the addition of potato chips. This easy potato soup recipe takes about 30 minutes to make and would be a delicious lunch or light dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups peeled sliced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half and half
- crushed red pepper flakes
- potato chips, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the broth into a soup pot. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the green onion, onion and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking gently for about 20 more minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the half and half and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with crushed potato chips.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Potato Chips $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Ladles $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.