Skinny Yukon Gold Parmesan Mashed Potatoes Recipe: Save Those Calories for Dessert by 30Seconds Food
With very little butter, low-fat buttermilk and skim milk, this mashed potato recipe is a lot easier on the waistline than most. Serve this skinny mashed potato recipe on Thanksgiving, and save those calories for pumpkin pie, pecan pie or pecan pie cake.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chopped fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, warm the buttermilk and skim milk in a saucepan over low heat.
- Drain the potatoes. Pour in the warm milk and mash. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Put the potatoes into a serving bowl and top with the butter and fresh herbs, if using.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Cookbooks $5 & Up
Cooking Pots $10 & Up
Mashed Potato Serving Bowls $8 & Up
Potato Mashers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.