Warm Apple Cider Donuts Recipe: This Easy Doughnut Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by Ann Marie Patitucci
My friend (and former student!) Kara posted the most delicious looking apple cider donuts recipe on social media. I just had to know more! She shared that she couldn’t find the donuts when she was craving them, so she made her own. Not only did Kara rave about this recipe, but I also think the photo speaks for itself! Won’t you join me in making them?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 12 doughnuts
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- canola oil, for frying
- cinnamon sugar, for coating
Here's how to make it:
- Bring apple cider to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce down to 1/2 cup, about 20 to 25 minutes. Pour into a large glass measuring cup. Add butter to hot cider and stir to melt. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs with white and brown sugar. Add cooled cider/butter mixture, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl or in a fine mesh strainer set over the wet ingredients, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a wooden spoon, mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out the cooled dough to about 3/4-inch thickness and then cut into donut shapes using pastry cutters or a mason jar/cup and a bottle cap/shot glass. Chill the cut donuts for 10 minutes more, if necessary.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry donuts, 3 to 4 at a time, flipping occasionally, until golden on both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with a paper towel. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the baking sheet, then roll the donuts in the cinnamon sugar while still warm.
Kara found this recipe at tasty.co. Thanks to Scott Loitsch of the Tasty Team for this donut deliciousness.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.