Mongolian Beef Recipe With Rice Noodles: This 15-Minute Asian-Inspired Ground Beef Recipe Is So Good by Donna John
Quick as a hiccup and so full of flavor, this easy Mongolian beef recipe with rice noodles is a keeper. It almost took longer to gather my ingredients than cook this flavorful Asian-inspired recipe. Next time I'll make some crispy egg rolls to serve with it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced fine
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste (I used Dorot Gardens crushed frozen ginger cubes)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or garlic chili sauce (I used sambal oelek)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions, about 6 minutes. While the noodles cook, brown the ground beef in the sesame oil until meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add the sambal oelek, soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce and 1/2 cup of the beef broth to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup beef broth and cornstarch to make a slurry. Whisk this into the meat mixture. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add some of the green onions. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rice Noodles $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Garlic Chili Sauce $3 & Up
Sambal Oelek $3 & Up
Ginger Paste $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.