German Fried Potatoes Recipe With Crispy Bacon & Onions (3 Ingredients, 25 Minutes) by 30Seconds Food
Did someone say bacon? Yes, we did! These German fried potatoes with crispy bacon and onions will blow your mind (and tastebuds). This easy fried potato recipe is similar to Bratkartoffeln, German fried potatoes that are typically cooked with bacon and onion for dinner.
Potatoes fried in bacon grease may not be the healthiest meal, but these flavorful gluten-free potatoes are certainly a bacon lover's dream come true. This delicious side dish is made with three basic ingredients: potatoes, bacon and onions. You fry up on the bacon, add the onions then cook the potatoes in the drippings. Wow!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: German / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked until just tender and cut into slices
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- You can use Yukon gold potatoes, baking potatoes, new potatoes or red potatoes.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or oven.
Here's how to make it:
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Add the onions and cook until onions soften. Remove to a paper towel.
- To the drippings, add the potato slices. Cook until they begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add the bacon and onions back into the pan. Cook, gently stirring, about 2 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.6g
Saturated Fat: 2.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 12.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
Total Sugars: 1.2g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.