Easy Cranberry Pie Recipe: Who Needs Cranberry Sauce When You Can Have Pie Instead? by 30Seconds Food
Cranberry lovers are going to be sweet on this tart cranberry pie recipe. Serve this Thanksgiving pie warm, room temperature or even cold with a big dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. (Be sure to print some copies of the recipe because you will get recipe requests.)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, thawed, or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- granulated sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Put one of the pie crusts into a pie plate. Flute the edges.
- Combine the orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a slurry.
- To make the filling, put the cranberries, orange zest and brown sugar into a saucepot over medium heat. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat. (You can leave the cranberries chunky or mash up a little if you prefer.) Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Use the second pie crust to make a lattice top or whatever top you like. Brush the top with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until crust is golden.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.