Creamy Chicken Salad Recipe With Dried Cherries & Almonds: A Healthier Chicken Salad Recipe by Donna John
With crunchy nuts full of fiber and healthy fats, vitamin-rich dried cherries, Greek yogurt and protein-packed chicken breast, this creamy chicken salad recipe is the perfect light dinner or lunch. Serve over lettuce leaves or pile it between two slices of bread for a delish sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellman's Real Mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar (I used sherry vinegar)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or walnuts (I used almonds)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 - 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- lettuce or sandwich bread
Here's how to make it:
Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
In another bowl, combine the chicken, nuts, parsley, green onions and cherries. Add the mayonnaise mixture and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve over lettuce or as a sandwich filling.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Hellman's Real Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Sherry Vinegar $3 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Sliced Almonds $4 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
Dried Cherries $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.