Easy Keftedakia Recipe: This Greek Fried Meatball Recipe Is Ready in Less Than 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Keftedakia are fried Greek meatballs that are usually served with creamy tzatziki. This moist meatball recipe is juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and can be a main dish or served with toothpicks as an appetizer. Delish! While not traditional, you could make them with ground turkey or chicken.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 4 fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- oil, for frying
- lemon wedges, for serving
- tzatziki, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the ground beef, onion and garlic. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Soak the bread for a few seconds in a little water until soft. Squeeze out and then add to the ground beef mixture along with the egg, olive oil, coriander, vinegar, mint and parsley. Mix well.
- Shape into meatballs.
- Fill a sauté pan about halfway full with cooking over medium-high heat.
- Put the flour into a bowl. Dust each meatball with a little flour and then fry in the hot oil for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove to a paper towel. Serve with lemon wedges and tzatziki.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.