Perfectly Moist Plum Walnut Loaf Recipe Is Too Good Not to Share by Elisa Schmitz
Planning that Thanksgiving menu? Inspired by this amazing cream cheese cranberry bread recipe that's become a favorite recipe in our house during the holidays, I made this plum walnut loaf that we love just as much. The cream cheese and butter make it remarkably moist, and the plums and walnuts add a delicious flavor and texture.
I've made this recipe several times, and sometimes I even add in a diced apple to change things up. I love that this recipe can be made with fruit alternatives that are available year-round. This lovely bread recipe makes a perfect breakfast, or even an elegant dessert.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 to 65 minutes
Total Time: 70 to 75 minutes
Servings: 10 (makes 1 loaf)
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 eggs (I used two whole eggs and the whites from two eggs)
- 2 - 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 2 cups fresh diced plums
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup diced apples, peeled (optional)
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- You could add some diced fresh apple to the batter before baking.
- When preparing the batter, do not overmix for the moistest loaf.
Here’s how you make it:
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add the wet to the dry and stir until just incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Fold in plums, walnuts and apples, if using.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 60 to 65 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test (it comes out clean). Allow to cool in the pan about 10 minutes before removing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 35.7g
Saturated Fat: 17.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 44.5g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Total Sugars: 23.1g
Vitamin D: 19mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.