Hall of Fame Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe: An Irresistibly Moist Banana Bread Recipe With Chocolate Chips by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Overripe bananas are such a gift. Why? Because they inspire so many delicious recipes. Like this one for irresistibly moist banana bread, that I ended up with after seeing four very overripe bananas looking sad on my kitchen counter. Little did I know those sad bananas would turn into this amazing breakfast or dessert bread, that deserves to be in the recipe hall of fame!
All of my recipes have to be easy, and have the option of being gluten-free, as this one can be. You also can decide whether or not to add chopped walnuts, which I added, for flavor and texture (and a boost of heart-healthy omega-3s). The overripe bananas make it extra sweet, and the chocolate chips make it extra rich.
This easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe is so delicious, you'd think it would be much more complicated than it is. But it's actually pretty simple, and the hardest part is waiting for it to be done. Be patient as it bakes, because even just the aroma it creates will be worth it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 to 70 minutes, depending on your oven
Total Time: 70 to 80 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon milk or nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, blend bananas, milk and cinnamon.
- In a third bowl, combine butter and brown sugar, stirring until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, to butter and sugar mixture.
- Combine banana mixture and sugar mixture and stir until blended. Combine dry mixture and moist mixture, and stir until blended. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 60 to 70 minutes, depending on your oven. My oven bakes quickly, so it took about 60 minutes, but your oven may take longer. You can use a toothpick to see if it comes out clean (or at least not wet). Allow to cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes before removing and slicing.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.