Dairy-free Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe (Vegan Option, Too) by 30Seconds Food
If someone in your family can't eat dairy or is vegan, you can still serve delicious mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving (or any night). This easy dairy-free mashed potato recipe is creamy, garlicky and a welcome landing spot for that brown gravy.
For your vegan friends, try this easy vegan mushroom gravy. Be sure to print out plenty copies of the recipe. You are sure to get requests.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth (use vegetable broth for vegan potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the potatoes and garlic in salted water until very tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Add the broth and olive oil. Mash. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.