Tasty Chicken Yassa Recipe: An Easy Yassa au Poulet Recipe From West Africa by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 8 hours to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes plus time to marinate
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 yellow onions, rough chopped
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- ground cayenne, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken and marinate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the olive oil in a skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade (save the marinade!) and brown well on both sides in the hot oil. Remove to a plate.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions from the marinade liquid. Cook them in the same pan until they begin to lightly brown and soften, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the marinade and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken and drippings back into the pan. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. You could also finish this in a 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Stone Ground Mustard $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.