Quick & Easy Paprika & Turmeric Rice Recipe Has a Crispy Ending by 30Seconds Food
This easy paprika and turmeric rice recipe is a flavorful side dish for your favorite proteins. If you're a fan of crispy rice, don't forget the optional step of broiling it. You will not be sorry.
You could stir some leftover chicken or pork into the rice to make a complete meal. For a little heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet with a lid. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, turmeric paprika and chicken broth. Season with black pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender and broth has absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil before serving.
- Optional step: Sprinkle with paprika and olive oil and put the rice under the broiler for a minute to crisp the top. (Do not walk away! It happens quickly.)
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets With Lids $10 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.