Easy Amish Onion Patties Recipe: An Onion Fritter Recipe for Your Recipe Collection by 30Seconds Food
The easy Amish onion patties recipe has just a few simple ingredients we bet you have in your kitchen already: flour, sugar, baking powder, cornmeal, onions and milk. The ingredients are mixed together, shaped into patties and then pan-fried in a little canola or vegetable oil. Delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup milk
- canola oil or vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cornmeal in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the onions and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Drop the batter into the hot oil (about 1/4 cup per patty) and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.