Authentic Taramasalata Recipe: This Creamy Greek Fish Roe Dip Recipe May Surprise You by 30Seconds Food
Taramasalata – sometimes called taramosalata – is a creamy Greek dip made with fish roe, bread, lemon juice and other ingredients that can vary from family to family. If you're looking for a change from hummus and enjoy fish roe, this taramasalata recipe is for you. Spread it on bread, pita bread, sandwiches or eat it with falafel and olives.
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 to 8 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons white fish roe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sunflower oil
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water and bread into a blender. Let it sit a few minutes.
- Add the fish roe, lemon juice, sugar and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- While still blending, slowly start pouring in the sunflower oil. Blend until emulsified and smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if needed. Store in the refrigerator.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
White Fish Roe $10 & Up
Sunflower Oil $4 & Up
Taramasalata Dip $7 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
White Sandwich Bread $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.