This Quick & Easy Pasta Arrabbiata Recipe Wakes Up Those Taste Buds by 30Seconds Food
Add a little spice to your life with this easy spicy arrabbiata spaghetti recipe. Crushed red pepper flakes add the kick to the homemade tomato sauce. It's a fantastic Italian dinner ready in about 30 minutes.
Arrabbiata sauce (sugo all'arrabbiata in Italian) is a spicy sauce for pasta made from garlic, tomatoes and crushed red chilies. The sauce originates from the Lazio region, and is extremely popular in Rome.
This quick and easy pasta arrabbiata recipe would be nice served with a Caesar salad or fresh garden salad to cool things down. Adjust the amount of crushed red pepper flakes to suit your tastes. This is a great recipe for your vegetarian friends and family.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomatoes. Break the tomatoes up with a spoon or lightly mash. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the cooked spaghetti noodles.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.