Spicy Spaghetti Recipe: This Pasta Arrabbiata Recipe Wakes Up Those Taste Buds by 30Seconds Food
Add a little spice to your life with this easy spicy arrabbiata spaghetti recipe. Crushed red pepper flakes add the kick to the homemade tomato sauce. This easy meal would be nice served with a Caesar salad to cool things down.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomatoes. Break the tomatoes up with a spoon or lightly mash. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the cooked spaghetti noodles.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Can Whole Tomatoes $2 & Up
Spaghetti Noodles $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.