This Cheesy Tomato & Cannellini Bean Casserole Recipe Lets You Live Deliciously by 30Seconds Food
This tomato casserole recipe is like a savory bread pudding with cheesy, earthy tomato goodness. This recipe shared with us by Live Deliciously e-magazine, created by Mary Harp, is easy to make and a true family pleaser.
Loaded with tomatoes, cannellini beans, whole-grain bread, Parmesan cheese and fresh ingredients and seasonings, this delicious vegetarian casserole is so flavorful, you won't miss the meat. Serve it as a vegetable side dish or a delicious dinner the whole family will love.
This cheesy tomato and cannellini bean casserole recipe is so simple to make. Dinner is ready in just about an hour!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 dry pints Pure Flavor ® Cloud 9® bite-sized fruity tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread and onion on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, tossing evenly to coat. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, pesto, basil, seasonings and garlic. Add bread and onion mixture and mix together. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top is golden brown. Cool before serving.
Source: Photo and recipe courtesy of Pure Flavor® 2021©.
Recipe created by Mary Harp.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Cannellini Beans $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pesto $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.