Amish Mashed Potato Stuffing Recipe Is What's for Thanksgiving This Year by Donna John
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bread pieces and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Combine the bread mixture, mashed potatoes, egg, sage and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and crispy.
Note: I made mashed potatoes by boiling Yukon Gold potatoes in salted water. After mashing them I added salt, pepper and a splash of cream to loosen them up.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.