5-Ingredient Meat Sauce Recipe: A Basic Italian Ground Beef Tomato Sauce Recipe for Pasta by 30Seconds Food
Everybody needs a basic Italian meat tomato sauce recipe is their arsenal for pasta night. This easy meat sauce recipe has just five ingredients and simmers while you prepare the rest of the meal. Double the recipe and freeze half for later.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, with juice
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour in the tomatoes and their juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and gently cook about 45 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.