Whole Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe: Sweet Pumpkin Stuffed With Fragrant Indian Rice Is a Sensory Overload by 30Seconds Food
Baked pumpkin stuffed with aromatic rice that has Indian spices, sweet cranberries, caramelized onions and crunchy cashews sounds pretty good, doesn't it? This pumpkin recipe is easy to make and can be served as a side dish or a vegetarian or vegan main dish. It's full of different textures and smells divine!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of saffron (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin (keep the top) and remove the seeds. Scoop out a little of the flesh to make room for the rice. Chop the pumpkin you removed and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the onions and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped pumpkin and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, coriander seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, saffron and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cranberries, cashews and rice. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and orange peel, if using. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the pumpkin. Put the pumpkin top back on and place it in a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the pumpkin is cooked and rice is tender.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Cashews $6 & Up
Dried Orange Peel $5 & Up
Cardamom Pods $5 & Up
Saffron $7 & Up
Coriander Seeds $4 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Dried Cranberries $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Long Grain Rice $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.