Mini Apple Pies Recipe: This Sweet Hand-Held Apple Pie Recipe Is So Easy to Make by Katie Smith
After making this easy apple pie recipe for my boyfriend's birthday, I decided to make it again for his office – in mini size! This easy mini apple pie recipe screams fall and goes a lot further when feeding a crowd than one pie (think Thanksgiving).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 5 - 6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Lay the pie crusts onto a work surface. Cut some of the dough out using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. Place the pie crust rounds into muffin tins.
- Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut rounds of the remaining dough for the top. You can also cut out strips and do a lattice top. I did both.
- Spoon some of the filling over the crust in the muffin tins. Top with a round of dough or make a lattice top.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 23 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden.
Note: I didn't bake them in baking liners, but put the cooled pies into them to make serving easier.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Baking Liners $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Nutmeg $2 & Up
4-inch Biscuit Cutters $5 & Up
3-inch Biscuit Cutters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.