The Cheesiest Skinny Cauliflower "Mac & Cheese" Recipe Will Be Your New Favorite Cauliflower Recipe by Sarah Amona
Cheesy and flavor packed, this easy skinny cauliflower "macaroni" and cheese recipe is a winner. You won't even miss the "mac" in the mac and cheese. Seriously!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat dry using paper towels (be sure to remove as much liquid as possible to avoid cauliflower soup).
- In a large bowl, mix cottage cheese, yogurt, egg, salt, dry mustard, turmeric, garlic powder, pepper and cheese. Stir in cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.