Skinny Zucchini Casserole Recipe: This Easy Low-fat Zucchini Bake Recipe Is What's for Dinner by Sarah Amona
Vegetarian Side Dishes Vegetables
2 years ago
Add to collection
Think you can't enjoy cheesy vegetable casseroles if you're watching your diet? Think again! This easy skinny zucchini recipe is low in fat and tastes amazing!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- 6 ounces shredded zucchini (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- 7 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 wedges original Laughing Cow cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Here's how to make it:
- Remove as much water as you can with paper towels from the zucchini. (Do not skip this step!)
- Spray the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese (this helps keep the bottom dry).
- Spread the zucchini in an even layer on top.
- Combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, cheese wedges, salt and almond milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour it over the zucchini. Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
9x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Almond Milk $3 & Up
Laughing Cow Cheese $4 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.