Easy Skinny Baked Zucchini Casserole Recipe Is What's for Dinner by Sarah Amona
It's zucchini season, and the perfect time to try this simple skinny baked zucchini casserole. All you'll need is zucchini, reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, egg whites, cottage cheese (full of protein!), cheese wedges, unsweetened almond milk and a little salt. You'll also need a blender, paper towels, a baking dish and nonstick cooking spray.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- 6 ounces shredded zucchini (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- 7 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 wedges original Laughing Cow cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Try this recipe with yellow crookneck squash.
Here's how to make it:
- Remove as much water as you can with paper towels from the zucchini. (Do not skip this step!)
- Spray the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese (this helps keep the bottom dry).
- Spread the zucchini in an even layer on top.
- Combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, cheese wedges, salt and almond milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour it over the zucchini. Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.