Copycat Popeye's Fried Chicken Recipe: Gotta Love This Fried Chicken Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love that crispy, spicy fried chicken from Popeye's? Why not make it at home?
You do need to marinate the chicken overnight, so plan ahead when making this easy copycat Popeye's fried chicken recipe. Serve with red beans and rice or dirty rice and cole slaw for the full fried chicken meal experience.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes plus time to marinate
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- peanut oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Put the chicken pieces into the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, combine the eggs, water and hot sauce in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, cayenne, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Heat about 2 to 3 inches of oil in a large, deep skillet to 325 degrees F (medium-high heat). Remove the chicken from the marinade, then dip into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture. Repeat the egg mixture and then flour mixture, then put the chicken into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8 to 12 minutes. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F. Drain on paper towels. You can keep the chicken in the oven on a low temp while you cook the remaining pieces.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Peanut Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.