Amish Creamed Chicken Recipe With Noodles Is Ready in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
This creamed chicken recipe with mushrooms, peppers and peas is on the table in 20 minutes. Kids even love it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stick butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 - 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- cooked pasta or egg noodles, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet. Add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Add the flour and garlic powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook about 3 to 5 minutes. (You can add more chicken broth if it gets too thick.)
- Add the mushrooms and bell pepper back to the skillet along with the chicken and peas. Cook until warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
Egg Noodles $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.