This Creamy Pear Pie Recipe With a Toasted Coconut Crust Is Amazing by Donna John
This is my all-time favorite pie. Well, it's in the top two (can't forget my grandma's pecan pie). When I made this creamy pear pie recipe last, the recipe card was in such bad shape I almost had trouble reading it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus time to chill
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup pear juice (from a 16-ounce can pears in heavy syrup)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pear slices (from the drained 16-ounce can of pears in heavy syrup)
- cinnamon-sugar (1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- whipped cream
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine all the crust ingredients in a baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes, stirring a couple times to distribute the butter.
- When golden, remove from the oven.
- Pour into a pie plate.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides. Set aside.
- To make the filing, in a saucepot combine the brown sugar and flour. Whisk to combine. Whisk in the pear juice and milk. Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Remove about a 1/2 cup of the filling and stir it into the eggs to temper them. Pour the eggs back into the saucepot and boil about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, dip the reserved pear slices into the cinnamon-sugar. Cut the pie into slices, place a couple pears on each slice and add a dollop of whipped cream.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $8 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
Pears Heavy Syrup $2 & Up
Coconut $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.