American Chop Suey Recipe: 20-Minute Skillet Macaroni Recipe With Ground Beef & Tomatoes by 30Seconds Food
American chop suey is a pasta dish made with ground beef, macaroni noodles and tomatoes. (Yes, some of you may call it goulash!) Whatever you want to call it, this hearty ground beef recipe is easy and a family pleaser.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Crumble the ground beef into a skillet. Add the onion and cook until the beef is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoned salt, crushed red pepper flakes, if using, tomatoes with their liquid and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked macaroni and simmer another 5 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Seasoned Salt $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.