Tuscan Zucchini Tart Recipe: Scarpaccia Is the Italian Way to Use Summer Squash by 30Seconds Food
You don't need a lot of ingredients to make this easy zucchini tart either. To make this vegetable casserole, grab some small zucchini, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, milk or nut milk, eggs, onion, flour and olive oil. You don't even need a tart pan for this zucchini recipe! The dish bakes up in a regular casserole dish. Nice, right?
Serve this slightly sweet Tuscan zucchini tart recipe as a vegetarian dinner or lunch or as a side dish. This easy recipe is a great way to use up that summer zucchini and one you will want to print out for your recipe book or recipe box.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 1 pound small zucchini, ends cut off and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk or nut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced onion (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- Don't skip the step of salting the zucchini. This step helps remove any excess moisture from the squash so it doesn't release too much water into the dish as it bakes.
- You could add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the top of the casserole.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the sliced zucchini into a colander. Sprinkle with salt. Allow the zucchini to sit for about 1 hour to remove moisture. Rinse, dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, butter, vanilla, milk, eggs, onion and flour in a bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the zucchini.
- Pour the batter into a greased 11x7-inch baking pan or casserole dish. Drizzle the top with a little olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Analyzed by VeryWellFit
Total Fat 10:1g
Saturated Fat: 5.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
Total Sugars: 11.6g
Vitamin D: 11mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. Any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, but it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.