Caramelized Pineapple Pancakes Recipe: A Sweet Way to Dress Up Those Basic Fluffy Pancakes by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
Pancakes are a brunch and breakfast menu favorite. They are a blank canvas just begging to be elevated. Adding caramelized pineapple and/or pineapple caramel to the top of your pancakes is simple way to dress them up.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- your favorite pancake batter, prepared as usual and cooked
- 3/4 cup pineapple, pureed
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- For the caramelized pineapple, in a large sauté pan melt the butter. Add the chopped pineapple to pan and stir gently to coat. Let the pineapple sauté for about 3 minutes, then sprinkle the brown sugar over the top. Stir gently to coat. Let the pineapple simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the pineapple starts to brown and the butter and sugar start to caramelize. Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt over the pineapple. Gently stir. Remove from the heat and spoon caramelized pineapple over pancakes.
- For the pineapple caramel, in a saucepan (no heat yet!) combine the sugar and the pineapple puree. Stir until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Every couple of minutes stir with a rubber spatula, making sure to clean the sides of the pot. This is to ensure all of the crystals of sugar dissolve. After 20 to 25 minutes the mixture should begin to turn a golden brown color, deeper than the yellow color you started with. Once the mixture is golden brown remove it from the heat and melt in the butter. Stir in the heavy cream and salt. Continue stirring until smooth.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.