Festive Fig Crumble Cookie Bars Recipe Tastes Like the Holidays by 30Seconds Food
These low-sodium fig crumble bars are super simple to make. Here's your easy shopping list for this delicious crumble recipe: flour, sugar, butter, dried figs, apple juice, lemon zest and ground cinnamon.
Keep these extra-special cookies in an airtight container for snacking, satisfying that sweet tooth, a quick breakfast, or serve them with coffee or tea any time of day. Be sure to make enough to keep your holiday cookie tray stocked (they go quickly)!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces dried figs
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Food Processor
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Store the bars in an airtight container.
- If you want these cookies to be gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine the flour and sugar in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add the butter and continue to pulse until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper so it overlaps on all sides. Pour half of the batter into the pan and press to cover the bottom.
- To make the filling, put all the filling ingredients into the food processor. Blend until it looks like a paste. Spread the filling over the batter.
- Drop clumps of the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.9g
Saturated Fat: 7.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 49.6g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
Total Sugars: 29.4g
Vitamin D: 8mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.