Butternut Squash Chili Recipe: A Hearty, Wholesome & Easy Vegetable & Meat Chili Recipe by 30Seconds Food
"This butternut squash chili gives butternut squash lovers a reason to make and eat chili tonight!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Most of these ingredients are probably in your pantry right now, and if not then please note that this recipe is very flexible and forgiving, so add whatever you have on hand, and I’m betting you’ll love your results."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey or grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow or red onion, diced
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans, chili beans and/or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup low-sodium bone broth (chicken, vegetable or beef)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- optional toppings: diced avocado, chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, red onion, shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, lime wedges
Here's how to make it:
Heat oil in large pot oven over medium-high heat. Add in ground meat and cook, stirring while crumbling, until no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease if it's excessive.
Stir in all spices, diced bell pepper, garlic and onion. Continue cooking until the meat has browned and the onion has softened.
Add in the beans, tomatoes, broth and butternut squash. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Note: You can cook your meat as described above, then combine all ingredients in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.