Sfogliatine Glassate Recipe: You Have Got to Make This 5-Ingredient Italian Glazed Puff Pastry Recipe by Chef Gigi
An old-world recipe, this puff pastry is perfectly described by the Italian word sfoglia, meaning "sheets," and glassate meaning "frosted." These delicious Italian treats are coated with an apricot glaze and baked to crispy perfection. Enjoy this easy sfogliatine glassate recipe with a cup of espresso, cappuccino, coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 package rectangle frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, sifted
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, strained of any fruit pieces
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites. Add the powdered sugar and when combined well, add the cornstarch and continue to incorporate avoiding any lumps. The mixture should be smooth, not too thick. Cover and set aside.
- Using a clean ruler, divide the puff pastry into roughly 1x4-inch rectangles and cut with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Poke the length of each rectangle about four times with a fork to prevent them from rising too high during baking.
- Place the cut rectangles, slightly spaced, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush them with the egg white mixture and place the whole baking sheet in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until the egg whites mixture is firm.
- Fill a pastry bag or squeeze bottle with the jam and draw three Xs on each rectangle that are under each other.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the biscuits become golden and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Keep sealed airtight. Enjoy the same day.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Pizza Cutters $6 & Up
Pastry Bags $5 & Up
Squeeze Bottles $5 & Up
Rulers $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Cornstarch $1 & Up
Apricot Jam $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.