Creamy Vegan Wild Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe With Walnuts Is a Dairy-free Delight by Chef Gigi
Vegan Dinner Vegetarian
2 years ago
Add to collection
This vegan mushroom stroganoff recipe is packed with umami and so creamy you won’t believe it’s dairy-free and vegan. Try this mushroom stroganoff on Meatless Monday!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound vegan noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 large leeks or 3 small-medium leeks, washed well and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds wild mushrooms, cleaned and rough chopped
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 3 - 4 springs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bunch parsley, cleaned and minced fine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegan soy sauce
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups oat milk or cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- white pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and all of the butter. Once the oil is shimmering, add the leeks and mushrooms. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are nicely browned, stirring occasionally, but not too frequently.
- Add the flour and cook for an additional 3 or 4 minutes to cook out the raw flavor and the flour is taking on a blonde nutty color and aroma.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and immediately add the vegetable broth. Stir to ensure there are no traces of flour and scraping up any brown bits.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, thyme, soy, mustard, parsley and walnuts. Bring to a slow simmer. Add milk, tahini and paprika. Cook until the sauce is thickened and creamy. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- While the sauce is reducing, cook the pasta to package directions. Add the hot cooked pasta to the sauce. Serve in warm bowls and top each with a handful of parsley for garnish.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pots $10 & Up
Vegan Noodles $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Vegan Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $2 & Up
Tahini $3 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.