Crazy Good Crispy Baked Flounder Recipe Is Ready in 20 Minutes by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
Salmon is usually my go to fish. However, I was in the store and the flounder was on sale. I am frankly sick of salmon, so I decided to go for it. So glad I did! This crispy baked flounder recipe is crazy good.
A mixture of grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, basil and garlic is sprinkled on top of the fish fillets before they're baked in the oven. The flounder is flaky, moist and not “fishy” tasting at all. Zesting lemon rind and garlic into the breadcrumbs made this dish crazy flavorful.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 flounder filets, about 1 pound total
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs or Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 lemon, zested (reserve the lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large baking dish, season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the Parmesan with the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, basil and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the breadcrumbs and mix to incorporate.
- Drizzle olive oil over the fish filets. Dredge the filets on both sides or simply sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the fish and press down gently on both sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the topping is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top, if desired.
Find more recipes on DishItGirl.com.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.