Quick Amish Smothered Mushroom Onion Burgers Recipe: Who Knew? by 30Seconds Food
The popularity of Amish recipes is undeniable. The more we research and test these recipes, the more diverse we're finding food from Pennsylvania Dutch country to be – like this Amish smothered mushroom and onion burger.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced thin
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 thick slices cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or sandwich rolls, toasted
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and shape into 4 patties. Cook the patties in the same skillet until browned and cooked to desired doneness. When almost done, top each patty with some of the onion-mushroom mixture and a slice of cheese. Cover for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- To assemble burger, carefully remove the patties from the skillet and place on a bun.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Deli Wrap Paper $7 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Spatulas $5 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.