Grandma's 30-Minute Ragù Bolognese Recipe With Pappardelle Is a Chef's Favorite by Chef Gigi
I also double this Bolognese recipe and the next day I just reheat and serve open face on thick toasted slices of ciabatta bread slathered with butter. Literally, another dinner, but in 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound pappardelle
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, pulsed in your food processor
- 2 medium celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, peeled and pulsed in the food processor
- 1 medium carrot, pulsed in your food processor
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Here's how to make it:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, celery, carrot, onion and thyme sprigs and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables start to brown and the mushrooms have released their water, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and pork. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, stirring occasionally, until thickened and flavorful, about 10 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs.
- Meanwhile, while the sauce is simmering, prepare the pasta to the manufacturer's directions. Drain the pappardelle. Return to the pot. Toss with butter and half of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Transfer the pasta to warm bowls. Top with the remaining sauce and more Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pappardelle Pasta $2 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Puree $2 & Up
Saucepans $10 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.