Tasty Tex-Mex Black Bean Pasta Salad Recipe With Roasted Corn & Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing by Chef Gigi
This Tex-Mex pasta salad recipe is a delicious chilled entrée and gets even better when you add smoky grilled chicken or shrimp. Made with your favorite flavors, it's a perfect change up to Taco Tuesday!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound bowtie pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1 can (5.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground cayenne pepper
- ground cumin, to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 - 2 serrano chiles, diced, seeds and stems removed if you prefer less heat
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and stems separated
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water
Here's how to make it:
- While the pasta is cooling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the corn on the baking tray and add the serrano. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss. Roast until somewhat charred, about 15 minutes. Set it aside.
- To prepare the dressing, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic and cilantro stems. Blitz until minced, about five whirls. You might need to open and scrape the sides once or twice. When minced fine, add the yogurt, lime juice from 1 lime and the whole avocado.. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Adjust the consistency of the dressing by adding the water to thin it out if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, in a large bowl, combine black beans, roasted corn, serrano chili, cherry tomatoes, black olives, green onions, red onions, cilantro leaves, remaining lime juice, zest, pasta and the dressing. Toss to coat everything well. Season with cayenne, cumin and adjust all flavors with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Variations: Add additional cubed avocado just before serving and top off with sliced grilled chicken or shrimp.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.