Crunchy Fried Cheese Recipe Takes Minutes to Make for Gameday by 30Seconds Food
Fried cheese is irresistible. This easy fried cheese recipe starts with string cheese, so it's a snap to make. This fried cheese recipe is so easy, you could make it while your guests are there because of the minimal ingredients and prep.
String cheese is dipped into a mixture of egg and milk before taking a dip in breadcrumbs. The breaded cheese sticks are then quickly pan-fried in oil until they are crispy and golden brown. Be sure to put them on paper towels after they come out of the pan to absorb any excess oil, and give them a sprinkle of sea salt.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) string cheese, unwrapped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the milk and egg in a bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F. Dip the string cheese into the egg mixture and then into the crumbs, then back into the egg and into the crumbs for a second time. Place into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Season with sea salt.
- Not a fan of mozzarella cheese? Try this fried cheese recipe with cheddar cheese sticks.
- You can use plain dry breadcrumbs or even another flavor like garlic and herbs.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 3.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 6.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Total Sugars: 0.6g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.