Easiest German Potato Salad Recipe With Crispy Bacon: This Is the Only German Potato Salad Recipe You Need by 30Seconds Food
Tender potatoes, a vinegary dressing and crisp bacon make this potato salad recipe special. This is one of the easiest German potato salad recipes you will find – and the most flavorful. Make a big bowl for your Oktoberfest gathering (or anytime)!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 6 - 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped green onions and/or fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To the same pot, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the bacon grease in the pot.
- Carefully pour in the vinegar, sugar and mustard. Stir until combined. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Cut the potatoes into smaller pieces, if desired. Add them to the pot and toss until they absorb all the dressing. Stir in the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped green onions and fresh parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.