Grandma's Simple Sunday Gravy Recipe: The Easiest Italian Tomato Sauce Recipe by 30Seconds Food
We can all picture images of big Italian families gathering with a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce (aka Sunday gravy) on the stove. If it's something you've never done, why not?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (32 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the water, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and sugar, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and gently cook until sauce thickens, stirring often, about 2 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pots $10 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.