Nonna's Meatloaf Recipe: Don't Lose Grandma's Treasured Meatloaf Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
My mom, who the grandkids affectionately call Mimi, is, in many ways, the stereotypical Italian mom/grandmother. You will often find her in the kitchen, happily cooking or baking everyone’s favorite comfort food, and she’s the first to make a meal for someone if they’re celebrating, grieving, under the weather or just because.
This is my mom's meatloaf recipe. So easy and delicious. Grandma recipes are simply the best, aren't they? Full of old-fashioned goodness! To make this ground beef meatloaf you'll need ground chuck, an egg, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, milk, a whole green pepper and onion. The ingredients are mixed together and baked in a loaf pan for about one and a half hours or until cooked through.
We hope you enjoy Nonna's meatloaf recipe for dinner as much as we do.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 - 1 whole green pepper (I use half but Mimi uses a whole), diced or cut in long strips (I dice and Mimi cuts in strips)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
Here's how to make it:
- Rub the bottom of glass loaf pan with cooking oil.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Shape ingredients into a long roll and place in the pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes. (If you like your meatloaf more well done, check it at 90 minutes. You may opt to cook it longer.)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.