An Italian Grandmother Shares Her Treasured Meatloaf Recipe: Don't Lose This Easy Meatloaf Recipe by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
My mom, who the grandkids affectionately call Mimi, is, in many ways, the stereotypical Italian mom/grandmother. You will often find her in the kitchen, happily cooking or baking everyone’s favorites, and she’s the first to make a meal for someone if they’re celebrating, grieving, under the weather or just because. This is my mom's meatloaf recipe, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 min.
Total Time: 1 hour 45 min.
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 - 1 whole green pepper (I use half but Mimi uses a whole), diced or cut in long strips (I dice and Mimi cuts in strips)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- vegetable oil, for the loaf pan
Here's how to make it:
- Rub the bottom of glass loaf pan with oil.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Shape ingredients into a long roll and place in the pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes. (If you like your meatloaf more well done, check it at 90 minutes. You may opt to cook it longer.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Glass Loaf Pans $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.