Quick Barbecue Chicken Meatballs Recipe Uses Budget-friendly Ground Chicken by 30Seconds Food
"BBQ chicken meatballs. They’re just REALLY REALLY good!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Serve them over spaghetti squash, brown rice or with a side of quinoa for dinner tonight – just make em’ ASAP! Really good with a side of sweet potato fries, too!"
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken (dark meat if possible, makes them more tender)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (try this homemade barbecue sauce recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, add the ground chicken, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic, onion, egg and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Using your clean hands, shape spoonfuls of the meat mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs while stirring until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce. Simmer for a few minutes more, stirring frequently to coat all the meatballs with the sauce.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Almond Flour $6 & Up
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.